Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 01 – Let’s get stared!

I’m happy to join the online course,”Building Teaching Skills through the Interactive Web”.

Creating my own blog

This is my second blog actually. A couple of years ago, I opened my blog on another website but it was hard to maintain the blog for me so finally it was lost. Looking back on it now, I didn’t understand much about blogging and I didn’t even think about what my blog was for by then.

While creating my blog this time, I pondered the questions; what my blog is for, whom my blog is for, and how to use as a tool for education. Basically this is for my reflection of what I learn from this course and my course mates. However, for the sake of blogging now and later on, I’m still thinking these questions above and trying to keep in mind all through the course. A clear sense of purpose would be a practical tool for achieving my goal.

Joining the class discussion on Nicenet

First of all, the interface of Nicenet is simple and clear and it makes me relived. I’m not much experienced in having a discussion so it is not easy to express my opinion about a certain topic by writing in English. Now I’m trying to train myself to be accustomed to discuss following the given instructions step by step. I hope I can do it. Also it is a great opportunity for me to meet many teachers through the web. They are very much experienced and professional and I look forward to learn many things from them. I wish I can help them as well.

Here is the website I would like to share:
http://www.freerice.com
This is the website for food donation program to help end hunger.
You and your students can donate rice by joining English word quiz program
.

No comments:

Post a Comment